Activities: Woodworking, Stained Glass, Coffee….anything where everyone may take part if they so desire.
Location and Meetings
Minnedosa Men’s Shed
287 4th Street Southwest
Minnedosa Manitoba R0J 1E0
Meetings: every Tuesday at 1:00 PM and as required due to project commitments
Current and Past Activities
- Planters for the Personal Care Home for residents to enjoy and even work in as some of them are at a height that is accessible from a wheelchair
- In a partnership with Communities In Bloom and the Lions Club we built a bridge and fence with arbour at the beach area with a flower bed that provides a beautiful backdrop for wedding pictures
- Restoration of C.P.R. baggage carts
- Bat houses for the 4-H Club that also became a fundraiser for the Shed
- Walking sticks made of diamond willow, etc.
- Birdhouse kits for the local chapter of Ducks Unlimited Youth Group
- Wheelchair ramp replacement at Heritage Village
Upcoming Projects and Activities
- An oversize Muskoka (Adirondack) chair for Communities In Bloom as their legacy to the town
- Planter boxes for a local citizen
- Excursions to museums at Shilo, Brandon, Portage, to a Brewery in Neepawa, to a garbage and recycling enterprise outside of Minnedosa
All the above projects and activities have built and will continue to build a sense of well-being and belonging to our members. We hope to build on this for the future.