Hackberry Men’s Shed was formed in November of 2015. It has grown from 4 members to 15 (May, 2017).
Contact us at: email@example.com
With the generosity of a community member we have a shop of about 6oo square feet which is being cleaned out and reorganized. We have recently installed an air cleaner and procured a dust collector for the woodworking machines.
- Bathouses for the Canadian Wildlife Federation. We have been asked to build 50, 4 chambered bathouses for the CWF. This involves a lot of coordination of the project to mass produce such a large number. We started with four to work out the kinks and will do another larger run to see if our production methods are sufficiently efficient and then get into the major production phase.
First we had to follow the plans given to us exactly to the specifications indicated.
One of members decided to build a half scale model first.
Cutting and drilling commence.
Here are some of the bits:
The partitions and other interior surfaces had to be scored to give a rough surface for the bats to climb on:
Then some stain on the inside,
and a test run of our dipping procedure for the interior supports.
to be continued…
- Designing/Building a storage shed for the Carleton Place Community Garden
Almost all the work was done outside…a real hit and miss this summer.
Floor is complete, now the walls.
Almost finished boarding the walls…
Time for a break!
- Cleaning and organizing the shed and setting up with new tools
- making walking sticks and mini hockey sticks for the Christian Farmers
- Wooden toys for fundraising and donation to Toy Mountain and local charities.
- folding picnic tables for Lanark Community Programs